By Neil J. Friedman MD, Peter K. Kaiser MD
Seasoned Elsevier authors Neil J. Friedman and Peter ok. Kaiser assist you get the absolute best ends up in your assessments with Case reports in Ophthalmology. This scientific reference’s case-based process supplies simply the perform you must verify, strengthen, and develop your mastery of each crucial proposal in ophthalmology for scientific rounds, oral forums or recertification.
- Review key details on each element of ophthalmology: optics/refraction; neuro-ophthalmology/orbit; pediatrics/strabismus; exterior disease/adnexa; anterior phase; and posterior segment.
- Learn from the specialists with contributions from an all-star duo of pro authors.
- Enhance your basic wisdom in ophthalmology and toughen studying ambitions utilizing a hundred illustrated cases.
- Access the whole contents on-line at www.expertconsult.com.
The case-based source you must organize for the yankee Board of Ophthalmology oral exam
Read Online or Download Case Reviews in Ophthalmology PDF
Best ophthalmology books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference booklet. It supplies an entire scientific dictionary protecting 1000s of phrases and expressions in terms of ophthalmology. It additionally offers wide lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few net assets.
In six components, this e-book considers the level to which computational, neural, and ecological constraints have formed the mechanisms underlying movement vision:- Early movement imaginative and prescient - movement signs for neighborhood and worldwide research - Optical circulate styles - movement imaginative and prescient in motion - Neural Coding of movement - movement in average EnvironmentsEach subject is brought via a keynote bankruptcy that is followed through numerous spouse articles.
Evidence-Based Ophthalmology bargains a different method of handling eye illness. From systematic reviewing of proof, this booklet presents an outline of options for maximum administration in key components, together with glaucoma, cataract and retinal sickness – a useful reference resource for practitioners around the globe representing a massive contribution to the literature.
The three-volume paintings Perceiving intensive is a sequel to Binocular imaginative and prescient and Stereopsis and to Seeing intensive, either by means of Ian P. Howard and Brian J. Rogers. This paintings is way broader in scope than the former books and contains mechanisms of intensity notion via all senses, together with aural, electrosensory organs, and the somatosensory process.
- Oculoplastic Surgery Atlas, Cosmetic Facial Surgery
- Eye Care in Developing Nations, Fourth Edition
- Ocular Periphery and Disorders
- Ophthalmology Secrets in Color, 3rd Edition
Additional info for Case Reviews in Ophthalmology
In order to distinguish between them and rule out any organic disease, it would be helpful to ask about any injuries, medical problems, medications, and social history with particular attention to employment status, stresses, and alcohol / drug use. 2. Carefully performing a variety of vision tests to trick the patient can usually uncover functional visual loss because of inconsistent results. These include distance and near, monocular and binocular, varying the test distance, fogging, red–green glasses with duochrome test or Worth 4 dot test, prism dissociation, stereopsis, startle reflex, proprioception, name signing, mirror tracking, and optokinetic nystagmus response.
2. What is the pathophysiology? 3. What tests can be used to confirm the diagnosis? 4. How would you manage this patient? 5. What are the potential complications of optic nerve drusen? © 2012, Elsevier Inc. 37 ANSWERS Case 19 1. Optic nerve head drusen (pseudopapilledema). 2. Superficial or buried hyaline bodies in the prelaminar optic nerve that have become calcified. 3. B-scan ultrasound, CT scan, or autofluorescence. 4. It is important to determine whether this patient’s VF defect is due to glaucoma or the ON head drusen.
2. What tests could you perform to confirm your suspicion? Additional information: you determine that this patient has hysteria. 3. What strategies can you use to help him ‘recover’ his vision? 57 ANSWERS Case 29 1. e. malingering, hysteria). Malingering is the fabrication of a disorder for secondary gain (usually financial), whereas hysteria is a subconscious expression of symptoms. In order to distinguish between them and rule out any organic disease, it would be helpful to ask about any injuries, medical problems, medications, and social history with particular attention to employment status, stresses, and alcohol / drug use.
Case Reviews in Ophthalmology by Neil J. Friedman MD, Peter K. Kaiser MD