By Erik Dahlman
This e-book makes a speciality of LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply an entire photo of the LTE system. distinctive causes are given for the most recent LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry methods, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and procedure performance.
Key applied sciences offered contain multi-carrier transmission, complicated single-carrier transmission, complex receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna options, radio source administration and protocols, and various radio community architectures. Their function and use within the context of cellular broadband entry normally is defined, giving either a high-level evaluation and extra distinctive step by step explanations.
This publication is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an figuring out of the way to make use of the recent know-how in an effort to remain prior to the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and better multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal constructions and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the aid for heterogeneous deployments supplied via the most recent 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent stronger downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a suite of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with aid for better frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, substantial antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers an entire replace to the most recent 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, protecting small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE free up 12 together with additional improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read Online or Download 4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband PDF
Similar radio operation books
A accomplished resource for microwave and instant circuit layout, the economic instant Circuits and parts guide experiences the basics of transmitters and receivers, then provides exact chapters on person circuit forms. It additionally covers packaging, huge and small sign characterization, and excessive quantity checking out strategies for either units and circuits.
An advent to theories and purposes in instant broadband networks As instant broadband networks evolve into destiny new release instant networks, it is necessary for college kids, researchers, and execs to have a pretty good figuring out in their underlying theories and sensible purposes.
In addition to being an excellent total ebook protecting many conventional instant issues, this publication additionally deals distinctive details on a number of topics like propagation databases (terrain, structures, etc), site visitors loading types for mobilephone sectors and spectrum utlization that aren't present in the other books i have obvious on instant engineering.
An creation to technical information regarding the actual Layer of the LTE average with MATLAB® The LTE (Long time period Evolution) and LTE-Advanced are one of the most modern cellular communications criteria, designed to achieve the dream of a very international, quickly, all-IP-based, safe broadband cellular entry know-how.
- Wireless: From Marconi's Black-Box to the Audion (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- CDMA: Access and Switching: For Terrestrial and Satellite Networks
- GPRS in Practice: A Companion to the Specifications
- Order Statistics in Wireless Communications: Diversity, Adaptation, and Scheduling in MIMO and OFDM Systems
- Advanced Cellular Network Planning and Optimisation: 2G 2.5G 3G...Evolution to 4G
Additional resources for 4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband
13 (a) Transmission of single wideband carrier and (b) OFDM transmission over a frequency-selective channel 40 CHAPTER 3 OFDM Transmission b Information bit Channel coding Channel coding frequency interleaving OFDM modulation c1 c2 c3 c4 ... 14, each information bit will experience frequency diversity in the case of transmission over a radio channel that is frequency selective over the transmission bandwidth, despite the fact that the subcarriers, and thus also the code bits, will not experience any frequency diversity.
HNc À1 can be directly derived from the channel impulse response. 10 is the transmitted modulation symbol ak scaled and phase rotated by the complex frequency-domain channel tap Hk and impaired by noise nk. 11. This is often expressed as a one-tap equalizer being applied to each received subcarrier. 6 Channel estimation and reference symbols As described above, to demodulate the transmitted modulation symbol ak and allow for proper decoding of the transmitted information at the receiver side, scaling with the complex Receiver Transmitter a0 Noise OFDM mod.
6. In particular, by selecting the IDFT size N equal to 2m for some integer m, the OFDM modulation can be implemented by means of implementation-efficient radix-2 Inverse Fast Fourier Transform (IFFT) processing. It should be noted that the ratio N/Nc, which could be seen as the over-sampling of the time-discrete OFDM signal, could very well be, and typically is, a non-integer number. As an example and as already mentioned, for 3GPP LTE the number of subcarriers Nc is approximately 600 in the case of a 10 MHz spectrum allocation.
4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband by Erik Dahlman